Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Puppy Teeth - they're cute AND gross!

Finding a wayward puppy tooth in your bed is generally an unpleasant discovery. Somewhere between "EW!" and "Oh neat, I'm going to put this in my wallet", though, I thought it would be fun to take the tooth and turn it into a necklace.

This tooth is from Mudflap, our 5-month-old basset hound. (Looky looky!) He is losing his tiny, sharp baby teeth and replacing them with larger, less-sharp adult teeth, (hurray!)

I bleached the tooth, cleaned it, filed down the pokey bits and then glued some metal doo-hickeys to it. It is very tiny and adorable, and I am happy that I can keep a part of Mudflap, (literally..) with me wherever I go.

Here is an unflattering picture of me wearing it. Yay! It's not a very good picture since you can't see the toothy too well, but at least you can see how tiny and cute it is.


P.S. I'm sleepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment